- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. Prepare rigatoni and spinach according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; return to pan. Add artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and creamed spinach; toss to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water to thin, if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. broiler-safe baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach-Artichoke Rigatoni
"I made this exactly as written (with the one exception of not using the 2 full cups of the mozzarella cheese, I only did a sprinkling of cheese on the top). I used 'Bird's Eye' creamed spinach since it was the only brand I could find. This pasta dish was delicious!! My husband also loved it and mentioned that it tastes just like his favorite Spinach & Artichoke dip. Someone I know mentioned adding pre-cooked chicken strips to it, which I'll try next time! Super fast to make too! Took 20 minutes prep. to table."
"We loved this. Next time I would double the artichokes."
"A very good, easy recipe . Delicious and filling, and a nice change of pace from the traditional red sauce pasta bake. I ended up adding homemade alfredo sauce as well as some leftover roasted chicken. Everyone in my family really enjoyed it!"
"This was okay but seemed to lack flavor. I think next time I will make it with marinated artichoke hearts--maybe that will spice things up? Was definitely easy to prepare."
"It was certainly quick and easy to prepare and tasted good. I would prefer it to have a little more body, something that brings it all together. Kind of simple for my taste."