I was experimenting with spinach artichokes pizzas when I came up with this tempting one. It has wonderful ingredients and is often requested by friends and colleagues.—Martha Muellenberg, Vermillion, South Dakota
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; stir in sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Add oil, salt and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Punch down dough. Roll out to fit prepared pan.
- Spread with Alfredo sauce. Layer with the spinach and cheeses. Sprinkle with artichokes and dried oregano. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Artichoke Pizza in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p183
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review