Spinach Artichoke Pie Recipe
Spinach is an abundant vegetable grown here in our state. I make this side dish often when spinach is in season.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound fresh spinach, chopped and cooked
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup day-old bread cubes
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Brush the bottom and sides of a 9-in. pie plate with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil; drain. Remove from the heat. Squeeze spinach dry; add to mushrooms. Stir in artichokes, bread cubes, 1 cup of cheese, pimientos, eggs and garlic powder; stir well.
- 3. Spoon into the prepared pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 210 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC