Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions for microwave; drain and squeeze dry. Set aside. Place onion and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring once; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and whipping cream until smooth. Fold in the spinach, artichokes, cheeses, cayenne, pepper and onion mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 67 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.