“I entertain a lot and this crowd-pleasing dip is fast and fabulous!” writes Suzanne Zick from Maiden, North Carolina. With its rich flavor, no one will ever guess it was made in a microwave!
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Cook spinach according to package directions for microwave; drain and squeeze dry. Set aside. Place onion and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring once; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and whipping cream until smooth. Fold in the spinach, artichokes, cheeses, cayenne, pepper and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spinach Artichoke Dip in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Artichoke Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review