- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook spinach and garlic in oil until liquid evaporates. Cool.
- Spread one can of tomatoes on the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange one layer of bread slices over tomatoes. Arrange Swiss cheese slices over bread. Layer spinach, onions and Feta cheese over Swiss cheese.
- Top with the second can of tomatoes and another layer of bread slices. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minuets before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach and Tomato Strata in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p13
Reviews for Spinach and Tomato Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review