- tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage and onion in a skillet until sausage is no
- longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or
- until mushrooms are tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and 2 eggs. Add spinach, mozzarella,
- Parmesan, flour and sausage mixture; mix well. Divide dough in half;
- roll one half to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Spoon filling into crust.
- Roll remaining pastry for top crust; place over filling. Flute edges
- and cut slits in top crust. Beat remaining egg and brush over top
- crust. Place on lower rack in oven.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake
- 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. If necessary, cover
- edges of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Let stand for 10
- minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 602 calories, 39 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.