Spinach and Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt. Combine ricotta, spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in a greased oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit),
- 1-1/4 cups sauce mixture and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Layer with remaining noodles and sauce mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach and Sausage Lasagna(2)
Sort By :
This was amazing. I used broccoli in place of the spinach bc my family doesn't like spinach. It worked great!
I was afraid that it would be too watery but it was perfect! Best and easiest lasagna recipe I've ever made.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Lasagna >