Spinach and Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt. Combine ricotta, spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in a greased oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit),
- 1-1/4 cups sauce mixture and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Layer with remaining noodles and sauce mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach and Sausage Lasagna
Sort By :
This was amazing. I used broccoli in place of the spinach bc my family doesn't like spinach. It worked great!
I was afraid that it would be too watery but it was perfect! Best and easiest lasagna recipe I've ever made. I've also made this with regular lasagna noodles and it was just fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Lasagna >