Spinach and Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt. Combine ricotta, spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- 2. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in a greased oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit),
- 3. 1-1/4 cups sauce mixture and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Layer with remaining noodles and sauce mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 456 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1101mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Spinach and Sausage Lasagna
"Perfect! Probably the only way I will ever make it again!"
"This was amazing. I used broccoli in place of the spinach bc my family doesn't like spinach. It worked great!"
"I was afraid that it would be too watery but it was perfect! Best and easiest lasagna recipe I've ever made. I've also made this with regular lasagna noodles and it was just fine."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.