Spinach and Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt. Combine ricotta, spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- 2. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in a greased oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit),
- 3. 1-1/4 cups sauce mixture and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Layer with remaining noodles and sauce mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 456 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,101 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.