Spinach and Rice Recipe
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in the water, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Add spinach; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 110 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach and Rice
"I had to improvise on the time to cook as i use the minute brown rice, but it turned out well, altho hubby nixed it cuz he doesn't like the wilted spinach. I loved it tho!"
"It was moist with great flavor."
"good blend of flavors"