Spinach and Rice Recipe
Dill and oregano do a nice job of dressing up this dish. It makes a great side with savory lamb or pork chops. —Laura Nurse, Lilburn, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in the water, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Add spinach; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC