Spinach and Rice Alfredo
Even folks who don't like spinach enjoy this rich, cheesy rice and spinach combination. We prefer it with pork chops, but it goes well with chicken or steak as well.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in cream and
- cheese; cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Add
- spinach, salt and white pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach
- is wilted. Stir in rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 515 calories, 37 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.