Dill and oregano do a nice job of dressing up this dish. It makes a great side with savory lamb or pork chops. —Laura Nurse, Lilburn, Georgia
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in the water, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Add spinach; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach and Rice in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p51
Reviews for Spinach and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2011
"I had to improvise on the time to cook as i use the minute brown rice, but it turned out well, altho hubby nixed it cuz he doesn't like the wilted spinach. I loved it tho!"
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2011
"It was moist with great flavor."
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
"good blend of flavors"