Dill and oregano do a nice job of dressing up this dish. It makes a great side with savory lamb or pork chops. —Laura Nurse, Lilburn, Georgia
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in the water, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Add spinach; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach and Rice in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p51
Reviews for Spinach and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2011
"I had to improvise on the time to cook as i use the minute brown rice, but it turned out well, altho hubby nixed it cuz he doesn't like the wilted spinach. I loved it tho!"
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2011
"It was moist with great flavor."
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
"good blend of flavors"