Spinach and Pesto-Stuffed Salmon Recipe
- 2 thick-cut salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1. Cut a horizontal pocket in each salmon fillet by slicing to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, pesto, tomatoes and pine nuts. Spoon into each pocket.
- 2. Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until spinach mixture is heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach and Pesto-Stuffed Salmon
"easy, fast and delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.