Spinach and Pesto-Stuffed Salmon
These moist salmon fillets are filled with spinach, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. They're both pretty and delicious!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 thick-cut salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Cut a horizontal pocket in each salmon fillet by slicing to within
- 1/2 in. of opposite side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small
- bowl, combine the spinach, pesto, tomatoes and pine nuts. Spoon into
- each pocket.
- Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until spinach mixture is
- heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon