Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the wine, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Stir in water chestnuts; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushrooms
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.