- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the wine, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Stir in water chestnuts; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushrooms
Sort By :
I am not a fan of spinach, but it ended up being the part of the dish me and my family devoured! I omitted the water chestnuts and added 1 slice of crumbled bacon. I had to make a second batch because my 12 yr. old ate nearly the whole pan before I could serve it. I will add to my favorites list!
I was also excited to try this, the picture looked good but it wasn't. Very plain, not much flavor at all, disappointed.
I was excited to try this, but I didn't like the taste of it. I thought the Worcestershire sauce might have been a typo. I might try making it again but using soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire sauce or maybe omitting the sauce all together.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >