Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken(36)
Sort By :
This is awesome. I broiled instead of grilling it. I think it would be even better grilled. Will definitely make again.
This was a huge hit for my husband and I. Simply delicious, easy to make, and quick! I served it with garlic roasted potatoes and made a honey mustard vinegarette to top it all. So tasty!!
WOW!! This is tasty!!! Instead of grilling the meat, I pan fried (covered) until nice and brown and cooked through. I then removed the chicken from pan and did the vegetables in the drippings until not quite done, returning the chicken to the pan, topping with the cheese until melted. I served the chicken with the spinach mixture on top. The chicken was very moist, the flavors are very good and the pecans add a very nice crunch and added flavor. Can't wait to make this dish again.
I have made this several times. We both love it. I usually add more rotisserie seasoning. Sometimes I don't use the spinich either but it always turns out great.
I have never made this, but I am going to try it but with NO cheese and in my crockpot. I do not have a grill.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- View All Healthy Cooking Recipes >