- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top chicken breasts with spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
"Easy & quite tasty! I saut?ed the chicken & finished it under the broiler. I also skipped the pecans & added minced garlic to the spinach & mushroom mixture."
"Excellent and easy. I've used almonds instead of pecans also which is wonderful too. I also use a full 8oz of fresh mushrooms and at least 3 cups of spinach and this is for two chicken breasts. I too have added garlic also. All ways have been wonderful!"
"Excellent! I've made it twice. I used Montreal Cicken seasoning on the chicken. Definitely a keeper!"
"Have made this recipe several times. Added some garlic to the spinach and mushrooms like one other reader suggested. Made it for a large group and it was a hit. For the large group I marinated the chicken, then grilled it in batches, covered it and kept it warm in the oven. Before serving I put the cheese on and then the mushroom spinach which I kept warm in a crock pot. It was a real hit. A real keeper."
"Very Good quick and easy to make. Just didn't have quite that "wow" to give it 5 starts."
"This was awesome!! I used Weber kickin chicken for the seasoning, lots of flavor. Followed the directions otherwise. My husband went back for seconds and asked that I make it again! Thanks!"
"I loved the concept and it was, in fact, easy to make. However, I did think it was lacking a "wow" factor. I made as written, and probably should have zazzed it up with extra spices. Overall though, it's a solid and simple recipe that I would make again."
"I can't realistically rate this since I have not made it yet. BUT, in order to get the full ingredients list (including the first two ingredients, the spinach and the mushrooms) I had to click on the PRINT version. The version that first came up began with 3 green onions, sliced....with no mention of spinach or mushrooms. Those first two lines might have been covered up by the picture, but it was confusing. I almost gave up until I clicked on PRINT, and there the two missing ingredients were!"