- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top chicken breasts with spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
"delicious! I did not use the green onion, only because I didn't have any on hand... but it was amazing! I used Montreal Chicken seasoning, mozzarella, and pan saut?ed the chicken. I will be making again!"
"Excellent and easy. I've used almonds instead of pecans also which is wonderful too. I also use a full 8oz of fresh mushrooms and at least 3 cups of spinach and this is for two chicken breasts. I too have added garlic also. All ways have been wonderful!"
"Excellent! I've made it twice. I used Montreal Cicken seasoning on the chicken. Definitely a keeper!"
"Have made this recipe several times. Added some garlic to the spinach and mushrooms like one other reader suggested. Made it for a large group and it was a hit. For the large group I marinated the chicken, then grilled it in batches, covered it and kept it warm in the oven. Before serving I put the cheese on and then the mushroom spinach which I kept warm in a crock pot. It was a real hit. A real keeper."
"Very Good quick and easy to make. Just didn't have quite that "wow" to give it 5 starts."