- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top chicken breasts with spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
"I grilled and it was great. Different cheeses might be fun. Next time maybe swiss."
"Easy & quite tasty! I saut?ed the chicken & finished it under the broiler. I also skipped the pecans & added minced garlic to the spinach & mushroom mixture."
"Excellent and easy. I've used almonds instead of pecans also which is wonderful too. I also use a full 8oz of fresh mushrooms and at least 3 cups of spinach and this is for two chicken breasts. I too have added garlic also. All ways have been wonderful!"
"Excellent! I've made it twice. I used Montreal Cicken seasoning on the chicken. Definitely a keeper!"
"Have made this recipe several times. Added some garlic to the spinach and mushrooms like one other reader suggested. Made it for a large group and it was a hit. For the large group I marinated the chicken, then grilled it in batches, covered it and kept it warm in the oven. Before serving I put the cheese on and then the mushroom spinach which I kept warm in a crock pot. It was a real hit. A real keeper."
"Very Good quick and easy to make. Just didn't have quite that "wow" to give it 5 starts."
"This was awesome!! I used Weber kickin chicken for the seasoning, lots of flavor. Followed the directions otherwise. My husband went back for seconds and asked that I make it again! Thanks!"
"I loved the concept and it was, in fact, easy to make. However, I did think it was lacking a "wow" factor. I made as written, and probably should have zazzed it up with extra spices. Overall though, it's a solid and simple recipe that I would make again."