This is one of my favorite potato dishes. I first had it at a church potluck, and I couldn't believe there was spinach in it - I usually don't care for spinach!
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
- In a large bowl, whip potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and butter until smooth. Add all remaining ingredients and continue to beat until well mixed. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Casserole can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, then baked just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach and Herb Potato Casserole in Country Extra July 1991, p49
Reviews for Spinach and Herb Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2008
"I took this casserole to a family gathering and was asked over and over: What's in this? As tasty as it is pretty, this is a dandy way to get your family to eat spinach."