Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) seasoned tomato sauce for lasagna
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Spread a heaping 1/3 cupful over each noodle. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour tomato sauce over roll-ups.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 roll-up equals 307 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,205 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.