These Italian-inspired roll-ups from Cindy Romberg of Mississauga, Ontario are fast and fun to make. They may look elegant, but they are also very kid-friendly.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) seasoned tomato sauce for lasagna
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Spread a heaping 1/3 cupful over each noodle. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour tomato sauce over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review