Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) seasoned tomato sauce for lasagna
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Spread a heaping 1/3 cupful over each noodle. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour tomato sauce over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls(6)
Sort By :
really easy to make and the whole family loved it!
This meal is completely doable during the work week! Kids and adults alike give this one a thumbs up! You can add chicken if you want meat in this dish, and it works great.
So delicious and so easy! I used ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese because it was all I had in the fridge, and I added some garlic salt and black pepper to the mixture. I also cooked it right away because I saw too late that I was supposed to refrigerate it! Still delicious and easy :)
I've made this several times and it is a hit with my husband and my toddler. I use extra mozz cheese and spinach, and skip the parm, and i can usually make 8 rolls with it instead of 6. Also i've found that 40-45 mins is the perfect cooking time.
add 1/8 - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >