Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
A simple dressing made of currant jelly and balsamic vinegar coats this colorful salad, sprinkled with crunchy pine nuts. If you like blue cheese, you’ll love this refreshing toss. —Grace Sandvigen, Rochester, New York
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. For dressing, heat jelly in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, oranges, onion and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC