Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- For dressing, heat jelly in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, oranges, onion and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad(2)
Sort By :
I've made this salad many times and everyone always loves it.
Whenever I bring this salad people want the recipe. It is the only salad my family wants me to bring for family get together.
I use feta cheese instead of blue cheese, and sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >