Spinach and Artichoke Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread pudding is usually considered a dessert. But this rich and savory version packed with spinach, artichokes and cheese is a perfect side for both dinner or brunch.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 9 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Dash salt
- 8 cups day-old cubed French bread
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, eggs, cream, cheeses and salt. Gently stir in bread cubes and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 342 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC