Spinach Amandine Stuffing Recipe
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute almonds in 1 tablespoon butter until golden brown; remove from the pan and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 1 minute. Add spinach and heat through.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine stuffing with vegetables. Add half the almonds. Gradually add broth, tossing well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 14 servings.
Turkey Spinach Amandine Stuffing: Add 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken to the stuffing mixture. Bake as directed.
3/4 cup: 207 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.