Spinach Amandine Stuffing Recipe
I received this recipe from a good friend. I think it bakes up perfectly...not too dry or too soggy. It makes a lot; so I often bring it to potluck where it is a welcome addition to the food selection.Caryn Hasbrouck, South Portland, Maine
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute almonds in 1 tablespoon butter until golden brown; remove from the pan and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 1 minute. Add spinach and heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing with vegetables. Add half the almonds. Gradually add broth, tossing well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Amandine Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p102
Reviews for Spinach Amandine Stuffing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review