“I’m asked for the recipe every time I serve this salad. It’s just lovely.” —Jennie Richards, Riverton, Utah
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 large tart apples, thinly sliced
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Almond Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p58
Reviews for Spinach Almond Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2015
"Great flavors and very easy to prepare."
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2010
"Whole family loved this salad!!!"
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2010
"Very good! Made it 2 time within a week!!"