This hearty dish relies on a jar of store-bought Alfredo sauce to make it different from traditional tomato-based lasagnas.—Beth Stephas, Eagle Grove, Iowa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Soak the noodles in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain noodles; set aside. Drain sausage; add the spinach, Alfredo sauce, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cheddar, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the sausage mixture, noodles and cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Alfredo Lasagna in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach Alfredo Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review