- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup of the spinach and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. (Save remaining spinach for another use.) Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Cut lengthwise through center of pork roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast flat; cover with plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Remove plastic; spread sausage mixture over roast. Starting at a long side, roll up jelly-roll style; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Secure ends with toothpicks.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, seam side down. Brush with oil; sprinkle with remaining thyme. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spinach 'n' Sausage Pork Loin
Sort By :
The flavor was very good but it was just to much work.
I made this recipe for Christmas. It is hands-down the best pork loin recipe I've tasted. The filling adds spiciness and texture. The pork is tender and savory. The recipe is easy to make, and relatively inexpensive. What more could anyone want!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >