Spinach 'n' Sausage Pork Loin Recipe
"Two of our children live relatively close, and we invite them frequently for an evening meal. They seem to enjoy the fact that 'Dad' has done the cooking. This special roast is one of our favorites."
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup of the spinach and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. (Save remaining spinach for another use.) Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Cut lengthwise through center of pork roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast flat; cover with plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Remove plastic; spread sausage mixture over roast. Starting at a long side, roll up jelly-roll style; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Secure ends with toothpicks.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, seam side down. Brush with oil; sprinkle with remaining thyme. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach 'n' Sausage Pork Loin in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spinach 'n' Sausage Pork Loin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >