Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; heat through.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
- 3. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 enchilada equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.