Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; heat through.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
- 3. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 enchilada equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas
"I was skeptical about this recipe, too. But I had loads of extra spinach and broccoli and no way to use them, so I tried it. My husband and I loved it! We don't eat any meatless meals, really, so this was a lovely surprise. Great way to eat our veggies and save our meat!"
"We really love this recipe"
"My family loved this recipe. Even my 3 yr old had some. What a great way to get spinach and broccoli into a toddler. We used whole wheat tortillia insted of the flour ones."
"Excellent! We added pepperjack on top for a little extra flavor and chicken in the mix as well. We seasoned the chicken with a little bit of cajun and creole seasoning. We like our food spicy, so if you do too this is a good way to make it! We loved this!"
"I have to admit I was skeptical, but these were amazing! I like a little more spice, so we garnished with some hot pepper sauce."
"My family enjoyed the enchiladas. I will be making them again. Such a nice way to eat lots of vegetables. Thank you for sharing!"
"Did not make the keeper list. sc"
"I made these and they are GREAT! My husband even like them. He said he could eat them once a week. Make them if you like broccoli and spinach. you wont be disappointed!"
"My friend recommended this recipe to me, but I have to say that it is one of the worst things I've ever made (and I love this magazine and make lots of meals from it). The broccoli and cottage cheese just do not belong with the Mexican flavors."
"Delicious!!! A great flavor combo - you've got to try it!"