- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas
"I was skeptical about this recipe, too. But I had loads of extra spinach and broccoli and no way to use them, so I tried it. My husband and I loved it! We don't eat any meatless meals, really, so this was a lovely surprise. Great way to eat our veggies and save our meat!"
"We really love this recipe"
"My family loved this recipe. Even my 3 yr old had some. What a great way to get spinach and broccoli into a toddler. We used whole wheat tortillia insted of the flour ones."
"Excellent! We added pepperjack on top for a little extra flavor and chicken in the mix as well. We seasoned the chicken with a little bit of cajun and creole seasoning. We like our food spicy, so if you do too this is a good way to make it! We loved this!"
"I have to admit I was skeptical, but these were amazing! I like a little more spice, so we garnished with some hot pepper sauce."