For me, soup is love, comfort, happiness and memories. With all its veggies and beans, this one appeals to my “kitchen sink” style of cooking. —Annette Palermo, Beach Haven Park, New Jersey
Featured In: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30-45 seconds or until tender. Stir in two cans of beans, pepper and broth.
- Puree mixture using an immersion blender. Or, puree in a blender and return to pan. Stir in remaining can of beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach & White Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Spinach & White Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2016
"Good soup, I added a like nutmeg and it came out great. I will make again."