- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; bring to a gentle boil. Cook, uncovered, 7-9 minutes or just until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach. Sprinkle servings with cheese and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spinach & Tortellini Soup
"I add a spicy chicken sausage and use kale from my garden. I like kale because it holds up better for reheating or freezing."
"I've made something like this a couple times. Only I cook a pound of mild or spicy Italian sausage and add it. I also add 4 oz of cream cheese."
"We made this for "meatless Monday," and loved it! It's so easy, but very tasty. I used chicken broth, since that's what I had on hand. I'll definitely make this again -- my daughter has already requested it!"