Spinach & Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
I've made this recipe for my coworkers, and it's always gone in no time. Leftovers are good, too. Pop a serving in the microwave for a few seconds, and it's just as good as fresh. —Paula Crockett, West Columbia, South Carolina
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with spinach, bacon, onion, red pepper and cheeses.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 239 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC