- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with spinach, bacon, onion, red pepper and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Spinach & Sausage Egg Bake
"This recipe is easy and quite good! I make the following changes: add the seasonings to the sausage after browning it (they combine better when added to the sausage rather than the egg mixture), add 1 small can green chilis to the sausage, use half-and-half instead of milk, omit the salt and bacon, and add 1 tsp cayenne pepper. After cooling, I cut into servings, wrap individually and freeze; each morning I pop one into my husband's lunch so he just heats it up in the microwave when ready to eat. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"I made this as written and it turned out really well. Easy to prepare. Had it for Sunday brunch. Everyone enjoyed it as it was seasoned well and quite tasty. I will definitely make again."
"My husband loved this! Mostly because it was not runny, and set up very well! Easy to put together because of the layers! Keeper!"
"This is excellent! I actually was in a hurry and forgot about the cheese and it was still excellent. I will definitely be adding this to my list of great breakfast recipes."