- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with spinach, bacon, onion, red pepper and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach & Sausage Egg Bake
Sort By :
"I made this as written and it turned out really well. Easy to prepare. Had it for Sunday brunch. Everyone enjoyed it as it was seasoned well and quite tasty. I will definitely make again."
"My husband loved this! Mostly because it was not runny, and set up very well! Easy to put together because of the layers! Keeper!"
"This is excellent! I actually was in a hurry and forgot about the cheese and it was still excellent. I will definitely be adding this to my list of great breakfast recipes."
"Made this for Easter, hoping for something special. WAY too much chili powder. Was not impressed. Will not make again, since we threw half away."