- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef on all
- sides; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. oval slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- mix broth, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef to a platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a
- small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. Mix remaining
- flour and wine until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Return to a
- boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve beef with
- gravy and, if desired, noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 3 tablespoons gravy (calculated without noodles) equals 367 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 838 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.