My chicken bundles are simple, clean and comforting. Serve them with wild rice and green beans for one of our favorite meals. —Jim Knepper, Mount Holly Springs, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces fresh spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat until wilted. Stir in vinegar, sugar and pepper; cool slightly.
- Pound chicken thighs with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle with chicken seasoning. Top chicken with spinach mixture and cheese. Roll up chicken from a long side; tie securely with kitchen string.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown on all sides. Transfer to oven; roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 13-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. On stovetop, add broth and butter to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016