Spinach & Feta Saute
With just the right level of garlic and a pleasant mix of cheese and almonds, this quick side will brighten any plate. You could also try it stuffed in a filet. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add spinach and
- almonds; saute 2 minutes longer or just until spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 291 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.