- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- Assorted crackers or baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in crab; heat through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forSpinach & Crab Dip
"This was easy to prepare and it sounded like it would be good but a took it to gathering and it did not go over well. Some thought it too spicy, I suggest cutting back on the pepper flakes. You could hardly taste the crab with all the other flavors."
"This will be my 1st time making this dip"
"This was amazing! It has a little too much kick to it for me so next time I'll reduce the amount of red pepper flakes but everyone else loved it. I doubled the receipe and it fit perfectly in a bread bowl!"
"This was great...everyone loved it...it had a little too much kick for me so next time I'll reduce the red pepper flakes but everyone else said it was perfect. I doubled the receipe and it fit perfectly in a hawaiin bread bowl..."
"It Was AMAZING my family loved it we will defenitally be making this again"
"WOW! Wow! WOW! This recipe is awesome. It tastes decadent and wonderful. I made one substitution... I don't like miriacle whip, so I substituted light mayo. I was also nervous about the red pepper flakes because I don't like spicy dishes. However, they gave the dip the perfect background flavor. And to top it all off, it is soooo easy to make. Just throw all the ingredients in a saucepan and warm them up. I will definitely make this again!"
"I made this for friends and no one liked it with the miracle whip. Next time I will try light mayo instead."
"Really good! Even though it is lightened up, you will not notice. It was the first thing to go at our party."
"I was nervious at first with making this particular recipe because I had to substitute a couple things. We didn't have yogurt so instead we used 1 cup sour cream. We also didn't have the frozen spinach, but we have baby spinach that I just chopped up. My husband and I both love this recipe and will have it at many family get togethers!"
"The 1/2 cup reduced fat salad dressing.....can you use 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnasie?"