Spinach & Black Bean Egg Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Salsa and reduced-fat ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place 1/4 cup mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
Place seam side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with salsa and dressing if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled egg rolls in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat rolls on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 20 egg rolls.
1 egg roll (calculated without salsa and dressing) equals 147 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer