Spinach & Black Bean Egg Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Salsa and reduced-fat ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place 1/4 cup mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
Place seam side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with salsa and dressing if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled egg rolls in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat rolls on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 20 egg rolls.
1 each: 147 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat
Reviews for Spinach & Black Bean Egg Rolls
"These egg rolls were out of this world. I love the fact they are baked, because I can't eat fried egg rolls. The corn & black beans were wonderful combined with all the spiced. You won't be disappointed when making these."
"Have made these twice now. Last time we doubled the recipe and froze them. I love that they are baked (not fried) but still crispy and full of veggies. They're a hit every time!"
"Very tasty. My package of egg rolls came with 15 and I used about 1/3 cup filling for each. I think next time I will brush with olive oil or butter to get a more crunchy egg roll wrap. They were a little dry."
"This is a great recipe and very easy. We all loved it...thanks to Melanie for sharing!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer