- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine spinach, peaches, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion and almonds. Serve with dressing and cheese. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/2 cups dressing).
Reviews for Spinach & Bacon Salad with Peaches
"I thought this was a fresh-tasting change in spinach salads. I made it for a church picnic and got a lot of compliments. I agree with pdarwin that the ingredients complimented each other. I definitely recommend this salad."
"Okay but nothing special. The peaches add nothing."
"What a pretty and healthy tasty salad!! The dressing was light and delicious tasting. I did add a tad more of vinegar since I like a little tang to my dressing. I was a little skeptical of the peaches with the onions and bacon, but it was delicious. They all complimented each other. I did not have a red onion so I substituted a couple of diced green onions. To my chagrin I also realized I did not have any almonds so I made some candied pecans to go in it instead. I would definitely recommend for you to try this salad.Volunteer Field Editor since 2013"