Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche Recipe
With a crust of crispy hash browns and a rich, creamy filling studded with spinach and bacon, this cheesy quiche is comfort food at its most satisfying. Delicious for breakfast, lunch or supper! Sonya Labbe - Santa Monica, California
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture; toss with butter. Press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, cheeses and bacon mixture; pour into crust.
- 3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 282 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC