- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture; toss with butter. Press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, cheeses and bacon mixture; pour into crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche
Sort By :
"I added 12 eggs but still had too much spinachloved the crust"
"I added chopped red bell peppers and garlic powder to the eggs mixture. It turned out beautifully. My family loved it. A great dish to impress your guests, too. It's a keeper."
"This is so delicious and versatile. I didn't have bacon so used sausage and it was perfect. Great way to use up some spinich. I added extra seasoning and also seasoned the hash brown crust. Yummy!!"
"This recipe was a great way to use up spinach left in the "bottom of the bag." Nobody knew the difference and the recipe was terrific. I also used refrigerated potato shreds (leftovers too!) and they worked fine. A definate keeper - and just like the picture, oranges make a good side."
"Very good! Had to use frozen spinach but still turned out good. I sauteed the frozen spinach with the onion & also some red pepper and chopped mushrooms. Was making this for dinner so I did double the eggs to make it more filling. Also thought it needed a little more seasoning, so I would recommend adding some seasoned salt."