Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche Recipe
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture; toss with butter. Press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, cheeses and bacon mixture; pour into crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche(8)
Sort By :
I added chopped red bell peppers and garlic powder to the eggs mixture. It turned out beautifully. My family loved it. A great dish to impress your guests, too. It's a keeper.
This is so delicious and versatile. I didn't have bacon so used sausage and it was perfect. Great way to use up some spinich. I added extra seasoning and also seasoned the hash brown crust. Yummy!!
This recipe was a great way to use up spinach left in the "bottom of the bag." Nobody knew the difference and the recipe was terrific. I also used refrigerated potato shreds (leftovers too!) and they worked fine. A definate keeper - and just like the picture, oranges make a good side.
Very good! Had to use frozen spinach but still turned out good. I sauteed the frozen spinach with the onion & also some red pepper and chopped mushrooms. Was making this for dinner so I did double the eggs to make it more filling. Also thought it needed a little more seasoning, so I would recommend adding some seasoned salt.
The family loved this one. I didn't have bacon so I diced bologna and cooked it with the onion and it was delicious. next time we'll try the bacon.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >