Rum gives a tropical addition to this fabulous homemade lemonade. For a variation, substitute vodka for the rum.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup light rum or vodka
- 6 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 cup water and lemon peel.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 4
- minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and remaining
- water. Pour into a 2-qt. pitcher; refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in rum. For each serving, place 3/4 to 1 cup ice in a Collins or
- highball glass. Pour lemonade mixture into glass. Garnish with lemon
- slices as desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 296 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.