- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless lean pork, beef, lamb, venison, chicken or turkey, cut into 1-1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- Italian rolls or hot dog buns
- 1. In a glass or plastic bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add meat and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2. When ready to cook, thread meat on metal skewers and grill over hot heat until meat reaches desired doneness, about 10-15 minutes. Remove meat from skewers and serve on long Italian rolls or hot dog buns. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 205 calories, 12g fat (0g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Spiedis
"I tried it with beef and it was very good and tender. I can't wait to try it with chicken."
"Super delicious! I used chicken and pork. Also drizzled aged balsamic vinegar over just before serving. I served it with couscous and a Greek salad. Great for company!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.