- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless lean pork, beef, lamb, venison, chicken or turkey, cut into 1-1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- Italian rolls or hot dog buns
- In a glass or plastic bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Add meat and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to cook, thread meat on metal skewers and grill over hot heat until meat reaches desired doneness, abut 10-15 minutes. Remove meat from skewers and serve on long Italian rolls or hot dog buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spiedis
Sort By :
"I tried it with beef and it was very good and tender. I can't wait to try it with chicken."
"Super delicious! I used chicken and pork. Also drizzled aged balsamic vinegar over just before serving. I served it with couscous and a Greek salad. Great for company!"