- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless lean pork, beef, lamb, venison, chicken or turkey, cut into 1-1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- Italian rolls or hot dog buns
- In a glass or plastic bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add meat and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to cook, thread meat on metal skewers and grill over hot heat until meat reaches desired doneness, about 10-15 minutes. Remove meat from skewers and serve on long Italian rolls or hot dog buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiedis in Country August/September 1991, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiedis
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2015
"I tried it with beef and it was very good and tender. I can't wait to try it with chicken."
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2014