- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless lean pork, beef, lamb, venison, chicken or turkey, cut into 1-1/2-to 2-inch cubes
- Italian rolls or hot dog buns
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion and seasonings; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill meat, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove meat from skewers and serve on long Italian rolls or hot dog buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without Italian rolls) equals 323 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer